Welcome to our university!
You are currently on the page of the FSI (Fachschaftsinitiative) Math/Physics. We are made up of committed students from each semester and ensure contact between students and the faculty. Under this menu item you will get information about your beginning study of mathematics, physics, the related high school teaching degree or Data Science .
To the welcome text
Extra welcome text for first-year teacher students
Cheat sheet with all survival necessities for the start of studies and building plans of math and physics.
You will also find the following on subpages:
- All about the first semester introduction (also called pre-course or orientation week).
- General info on how to get along better in your studies.
- An overview of the actions that we organize for you first-year students.
- Everything about your timetable.
- A summary of the exam regulations that is also readable for humans.
- Our first-year magazine, the Root.
- Info about the Unix pre-course of the FSI Computer Science.
If your lectures are on Zoom, you can find at the Computer Center (RRZE) info on using Zoom (if you’re interested in why we use Zoom at the university, you can find a statement from FAU here). On the RRZE page you can also find information and instructions about everything that has to do with technology, for example WLAN at the university, VPN access (e.g., important if you want to use a VPN). For example that’s important if you want to download an e-book from the university library at home) or software for private use.